Baggi Winter Trek
Departure Dates: Jan(3,10,17,24,31), Feb(7,14,21,28), March(7,14,21,28)
The Baggi Winter Trek is specially crafted to give you a taste of life in a secluded Himalayan Village during the magical winters.
Altitude12,100 Ft. Approx.
Best Time to VisitJan - Feb - March
Lying above the busy town of Manali, the Baggi Trek is a stark contrast to everything one experiences in the hustle & bustle of the iconic hill town down below!!
A relatively easy trail that doesn't see heavy footfall at this time of the year, the Baggi trek lets you enjoy the peace of the woods, the scenic campsites, snow in the upper reaches, and jaw dropping sights of the towering Deo Tibba, Hanuman Tibba and the Friendship peak!!
The trail proceeds through thick coniferous forests and takes you through secluded villages covered in snow. Indulge in fascinating conversations with the charming locals, indulge in silent conversations at the campsites over a hot cup of tea, and watch the snow flakes gently falling over the stagnant deodars. A perfect way to live that surreal fantasy you had always dreamt of !!!
- Duration - 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Highest Altitude - 12,100ft.
- Vacation type - Trekking
- Accommodation - Tents
- Best time to Visit - Jan / Feb / March
- Trek Grade - Easy / Moderate
- Starting Point - Prini
- End Point - Jagatsukh
Arrive at Prini ==> Trek to Baggi (4kms / 4-5 hrs)
We assemble at Prini at 10 am. The small village of prini is located just 3kms from Manali, on the Manali-Naggar road. After a round of introduction, the trek leader will brief you about what to expect during the next three days.
The trek starts with a walk to the village parallel to the Manali Naggar road. Once we are out of the village, we we walk through some serene apple orchards, till we reach the village of Shuru. This will be your first experience of the daily life in a snow clad Himalayan wonderland.
Leaving Shuru behind, we make our way into a beautiful coniferous forest, and start climbing steeply. We soon cover a decent altitude, and reach a spot giving a stunning view of the Manali valley in the background. A few minutes of a gentle walk, and we arrive at an opening through the woods. This is Baggi, our camp for the day!! Hot lunch will be served, and you are free to roam around and soak in the bewitching vistas !
Hot tea and snacks in the evening will be followed by dinner at night. Overnight in tents.
Trek from Baggi to Tilgan (3kms / 3-4 hrs)
Post breakfast, we depart for Tilgan, which is a path through open patches, as well as thick coniferous forests. During snowfall, when the entire surrounding gets covered in a thick blanket of snow, this stretch of 3 kms takes around 4 hours to complete. Generally, its a moderate trek with a gradual ascend in altitude. You will find some scattered houses and open fields providing a stunning view of snowclad mountains all around.
Hot lunch followed by tea and snacks in the evening.
Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Trek to Phakhonda ==> Return to Baggi (6kms)
The summit day has finally arrived!! We have an early breakfast, and start the summit hike to Phakhonda, located at an altitude of 12,000ft!! We’ll be walking on snow till the summit. Trek at you pace and let the stunning whitewashed surroundings sway you away with an ethereal charm and beauty.. The bewitching sights and grandeur of the snowclad Upper Himalayan peaks is bound to leave you awestruck and mesmerized !! We’ll have packed lunch on the way!!
You’ll have enough time to spend some ‘me time’ in this wonderland and capture the vistas in your cameras!! We then begin our descend back to the first halt of the trek, Baggi, albeit, through a different route!! It’s all downhill from hereon!!
Overnight in tents.
Trek from Baggi to Jagatsukh (4kms / 3 hrs)
We wrap up the trek by following the trail back to Jagatsukh. We take a different route, and cross the tiny hamlet of Bhanara.
You will reach Jagatsukh by 2 pm with memories of a lifetime, and a strong desire to return for another Himalayan adventure !!
Accomodation in Tents. On Triple sharing basis
- 3 nights homestay accommodation
- Nutritious and healthy vegetarian food ( Starting with lunch on first day and ending with breakfast on last day )
- Local guide and support staff
- All necessary permits
- Transportation cost till Prini, and return from Jagatsukh.
- Any expense for a stay at Manali, either before or after the trek
- Emergency evacuation expense
- Backpacking Offloading Charges - Rs 300 per bag per day.
- Personal expense of any kind
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Total Package Costs Rs. 7,499 /-*
Things to Carry
- Backpack 35-40L
- Small Day Pack upto 20L (To carry camera, water, jacket and similar useful items)
- Trekking Pole
- Ankle length waterproof trekking shoes
- Trekking Pants
- T Shirts (Full sleeves and half sleeves)
- Warm Jacket / 2 Pullover
- Thermals (If you are susceptible to feeling cold
- Cap (1 suncap and 1 woolen)
- Sunscreen Lotion (Above SPF 50)
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Flash Light with extra batteries
- Toiletries (Moisturiser, Light towel, Lip Balm, Toilet Paper, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer)
- Basic Medical Kit (Crocin, Avomine, Combiflam, Disprin, Avil, Norflox, Digene, Crepe Bandage, Band Aid, Cotton, ORS, Moov Spray, Betadine or any antiseptic creme)
Terms & Conditions:Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek - 50% refund
- Cancellations between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek - 25% refund
- Cancellations less than 20 days to the start of the trek - No refund
If a trek is canceled at the last moment due to unforeseen circumstances / govt. restrictions / weather conditions (like landslides, rain, earthquake, strikes, bandhs, etc), 'The Offbeat Soul' will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
Cancellations requests are entertained only on mail.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
Though maximum efforts are made to ensure the safety of the trekkers, 'The Offbeat Soul' will not be responsible for any injuries, both physical or mental, caused directly or indirectly in the trekking activities.
All participants are requested to download the 'Risk Form' and get it along with them on their respective treks.
It is understood that while registering yourself for any trek, you are well aware of the all the risks involved in high altitude trekking. You have taken efforts to understand what AMS (Acute Mountain sickness' is, and you are in a good state to manage your altitude related emergencies.
When you register for the trek, it is presumed that you are in a perfect physical and mental condition to undertake the rigours of a high altitude trek with low oxygen levels. We assume that you are able to jog a distance of 5 kms in 30 minutes.
The Offbeat Soul has the right to ask a trekker to discontinue the trek at any point if he/she does not meet our expected fitness requirement. In this case, the trekker will be accompanied by our staff back till the base camp.
Last minute changes / Delays
It may happen under some extreme circumstances, that there may be some last minute changes in the planned itinerary. The trek may start a day later or end a day earlier due to volatile climatic conditions, political restrictions, or any other reason. In such cases, The Offbeat Soul is not liable to refund the trek, either fully or partly. The participant cannot ask for compensation for any injury, loss or damage due to such changes.
- Drinking and Smoking are strictly prohibited during the trek. You will be disqualified from the trek with immediate effect if found flouting the rules.
- The Offbeat Soul is not responsible for any loss or damage of your belongings or equipment on the trek.
- Any damage to the equipments by the participant, other than the normal wear and tear, will be billed to you. Our decision on such matters will be final and binding.