Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek
The Deo Tibba Base Camp trek is the quintessential Himalayan trek. If you wish to experience the beauty of these holy mountains in its true avatar, look no further than the DTBC trek.
Altitude14,700 ft. Approx.
Best Time to VisitMay - Mid Oct
The picturesque trek takes you through the ever-changing landscapes, and presents a new canvas at every few steps. You start from dense oak and deodar forested trails, and slowly venture into the lush green meadows and grazing pastures of the Gaddi shepherds. With a splendid view of the cascading waterfalls and moraines on the way, you come across the emerald blue waters of the Mini Chandrataal, a heavenly high altitude lake. And the bewitching views of the stunning Deo Tibba Peak and its huge hanging glaciers..Well, some moments cannot be described..They can only be experienced..
The spectacular DTBC trek provides you a tantalizing experience, and will leave a mark in your mind and heart..Forever..
- No of Days - 6 days / 5 nights
- Trek Grade - Moderate
- Max Altitude - 14,700 ft approx
- Beginning Point - Manali
- End Point - Manali
- Best Time to Visit : May - Mid Oct
Manali to Chikka (3350 m)
We assemble at Rambagh Circle at 9am. After a round of introduction, the trek leader will brief us on what to expect in the next few days. We board the veichles, and drive 12 kms to Ad Hydro Project tunnel point, which is the starting point of the trek.
The 3 km trail is a gradual ascend, and passes through thick pine forest. The campsite at Chikka provides some beautiful open views and some great options for long walks in the serene surroundings.
Chikka to Dudu (3600 m)
It's an easy and gradual ascend of 4 kms through a lush green valley to Dudu, our campsite for the day.
Dudu to Seri (3800m)
Today's another day of a moderate 4 kms trek through the changing landscapes. As you gradually gain elevation, you can see the tree line disappearing, and giving way to the vast meadow of Seri, that was once a glacial lake. The campsite is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful ones in these parts. With some gushing streams to accompany you, the site offers panoramic views of the Tainta waterfall and the Jagatsukh Peak.
Seri ==> Mini Chandrataal ==> Deo Tibba Base (4480m) ==> Seri
It's the longest and the most important day of the trek. We take an early breakfast and make a move. We cross the Jagatsukh Nala, do a steep climb through the boulders, and reach the moraine fields. The Deo Tibba is now fully visible, and shines in its full glory. We break for some time to admire the might and beauty of the mighty peak.
We continue further through a stretch of moraines, and after a final stretch of steep climb, reach the shore of the stunning high altitude lake. Spend some time and explore the serene surroundings. We then start the journey back to the Seri campsite.
Seri to Chikka
We return to Chikka campsite. Bonfire and special food at night.
Chikka to Manali
We take the same route and descend back to AD Hydro Project tunnel point, the starting point of the trek. We board the waiting veichles and drive back to Manali.
Accomodation in Tents
- Camping tents (triple sharing basis), Sleeping Bags, Carry Mats
- Nutritious and healthy vegetarian food. (Starting with lunch on First Day and ending with breakfast on Last Day).
- Support staff for Guidance in the trek
- Mules to carry luggage. (Weight limit - 10kg per person)
- Transportation cost from Delhi to Manali and return.
- Hotel Accommodation in Manali.
- Food at Manali.
- Local sightseeing expense in Manali
- Personal expense of any kind
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
Total Package Costs Rs. 9,999 /-*
Things to Carry
- Backpack 35-40L
- Small Day Pack upto 20L (To carry camera, water, jacket and similar useful items)
- Trekking Pole
- Ankle length waterproof trekking shoes
- Trekking Pants
- T Shirts (Full sleeves and half sleeves)
- Warm Jacket / 2 Pullover
- Thermals (If you are susceptible to feeling cold
- Cap (1 suncap and 1 woolen)
- Sunscreen Lotion (Above SPF 50)
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Flash Light with extra batteries
- Toiletries (Moisturiser, Light towel, Lip Balm, Toilet Paper, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer)
- Basic Medical Kit (Crocin, Avomine, Combiflam, Disprin, Avil, Norflox, Digene, Crepe Bandage, Band Aid, Cotton, ORS, Moov Spray, Betadine or any antiseptic creme)
Terms & Conditions:Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek - 50% refund
- Cancellations between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek - 25% refund
- Cancellations less than 20 days to the start of the trek - No refund
If a trek is canceled at the last moment due to unforeseen circumstances / govt. restrictions / weather conditions (like landslides, rain, earthquake, strikes, bandhs, etc), 'The Offbeat Soul' will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
Cancellations requests are entertained only on mail.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
Though maximum efforts are made to ensure the safety of the trekkers, 'The Offbeat Soul' will not be responsible for any injuries, both physical or mental, caused directly or indirectly in the trekking activities.
All participants are requested to download the 'Risk Form' and get it along with them on their respective treks.
It is understood that while registering yourself for any trek, you are well aware of the all the risks involved in high altitude trekking. You have taken efforts to understand what AMS (Acute Mountain sickness' is, and you are in a good state to manage your altitude related emergencies.
When you register for the trek, it is presumed that you are in a perfect physical and mental condition to undertake the rigours of a high altitude trek with low oxygen levels. We assume that you are able to jog a distance of 5 kms in 30 minutes.
The Offbeat Soul has the right to ask a trekker to discontinue the trek at any point if he/she does not meet our expected fitness requirement. In this case, the trekker will be accompanied by our staff back till the base camp.
Last minute changes / Delays
It may happen under some extreme circumstances, that there may be some last minute changes in the planned itinerary. The trek may start a day later or end a day earlier due to volatile climatic conditions, political restrictions, or any other reason. In such cases, The Offbeat Soul is not liable to refund the trek, either fully or partly. The participant cannot ask for compensation for any injury, loss or damage due to such changes.
- Drinking and Smoking are strictly prohibited during the trek. You will be disqualified from the trek with immediate effect if found flouting the rules.
- The Offbeat Soul is not responsible for any loss or damage of your belongings or equipment on the trek.
- Any damage to the equipments by the participant, other than the normal wear and tear, will be billed to you. Our decision on such matters will be final and binding.